Meet Emmanuel Akandwanaho.
Emmanuel Akandwanaho is a third year student at Makerere University pursuing a bachelor`s degree of Land Economics (Valuation Surveying 2017-2021). He attained his higher education- O` level at Ntare School (2012-2014) and A` level at St. Henry`s College Kitovu (2015-2016) doing PEM combination (Physics, Maths and Economics).
Throughout his secondary life, he was mostly engaged in Music, Dance and Drama. At Ntare school, he was the leader of the Best Dance Crew and the Vice President of the Ntare Catholic Community.
Emmanuel Akandwanaho is the Founding President of Makerere Gavel Club, an affiliate of Toastmasters Club which focuses on improving students` leadership and communication skills. The club was launched on 25th Feb. 2019 and has since had an impact on the lives of students. The main purpose of the club in Makerere university is to improve and develop public speaking and interpersonal skills.
The club participants learn the following:-
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly while listening carefully to others` ideas.
- Participate in and lead group discussion or meetings.
- Offer advice and productive criticism to improve their speaking and leadership skills.
Here are some of the club impact stories:-
- Ndobya Gerald won the University Moot Competitions 2019.
- Tusuubira Patricia became the first Gavel club member to join Kampala Toastmasters Club.
- Abbo Hope invited to Rotaract Kampala Maisha Fellowship as a Guest Speaker.
- Edmund Walusimbi became the best Young Motivational Orator 2019 organized by Uganda Public Speakers.
- Kahaika Davison became the best table topics master at Bukoto Toastmasters Club.
- Noble Nuwagira became the best table topics master at Kampala Toastmasters Club.
Others roles played:-
- Student Ambassador-Makerere University for CADD CENTRE Uganda (2018-2020).
- Student Ambassador-Makerere University for StartHub Africa (2020).
- Digital Marketing strategist at Phillo Trading Empire.
- Events Mc, Inspirational and Keynote Speaker.